Old 18-04-2014, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Waiting 28 years for shrub to flower...

"Jeff Layman" wrote t...

Bob Hobden wrote:
I waited longer than that for a cactus to flower and then it flowered
when I
was away! Luckily it's flowered every year since.

Which one, Bob? I waited about 30 years for Cochemia poselgeri. It
flowered once in 2009, but not since (under the same conditions). I still
don't know why it flowered!

Not being into cacti goodness knows which it is, I did ask here but no-one
could ID it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhob...7626703667192/
It was given to me by an elderly lady probably 40+ years ago because it had
never flowered for her.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.