Old 22-04-2014, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Slugs and seedlings

In article ,
says...

I don't have anywhere convenient and slug-resistant to start
seedlings, and some don't do well if started indoors. Most of
them are reasonably resistant, and I lose only some, but I have
just had one complete pot wiped out. Has anyone experience
with protecting seedlings in posts on the ground from slugs?
And how did you do it?

I use a coldframe standing on a sheet of old vinyl kitchen flooring.
Few slugs get in (only way is through the roof if/when it's open a crack
by day) and any that do find slugbait waiting.

Janet.