Old 22-04-2014, 10:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nelly W[_2_] Nelly W[_2_] is offline

Default Parsley suddenly took a dive

I'm in south Florida. I bought a small flat-leaf parsley plant that took
off like a rocket many weeks ago. I just don't understand how seemingly
almost overnight it could go from a big, bushy, healthy-looking plant to
something that almost looks like it got sprayed with herbicide.

All the stems are drooping a fair bit, several have yellowing leaves
(especially on the "sunny" side), and there are some silvery
splotches/speckles that remind me of a plant that's been attacked by
mites or some other critter. Never even got to make any tabbouleh.

This is a condo and they do spray, but so far they've have had enough
sense not to hit the plants I've set out there - especially one so
well-established. The nearby turmeric and Amaryllis so far seem unaffected.

It'd be nice to hear some ideas, but I guess I'm mostly just venting. If
it croaks hopefully I'll know more after I dig it out.