Old 23-04-2014, 01:26 AM posted to rec.gardens
Nelly W[_2_] Nelly W[_2_] is offline

Default Parsley suddenly took a dive

On 4/22/2014 6:26 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 4/22/2014 2:55 PM, Nelly W wrote:
I'm in south Florida. I bought a small flat-leaf parsley plant that took
off like a rocket many weeks ago. I just don't understand how seemingly
almost overnight it could go from a big, bushy, healthy-looking plant to
something that almost looks like it got sprayed with herbicide.

All the stems are drooping a fair bit, several have yellowing leaves
(especially on the "sunny" side), and there are some silvery
splotches/speckles that remind me of a plant that's been attacked by
mites or some other critter. Never even got to make any tabbouleh.

This is a condo and they do spray, but so far they've have had enough
sense not to hit the plants I've set out there - especially one so
well-established. The nearby turmeric and Amaryllis so far seem unaffected.

It'd be nice to hear some ideas, but I guess I'm mostly just venting. If
it croaks hopefully I'll know more after I dig it out.

Too much water.

Not enough water.

Fertilizer burn. (Too much fertilizer, or fertilizer added on dry soil.)

Potted? Roots cooked by too much sunshine on pot.

Snails.

Hello, David.
It's not burn, I don't think...mostly because I rarely (if ever)
fertilize. That includes houseplants (which even here still stay inside
the porch). Doggie piddle aside; there are lots of dogs, but I have one
of those scalloped brick semi-circles to sort-of protect it from stuff
like that. And give the chem addicts an indication not to spray there.
Although, we recently did have a bit of rain (that's relative here
anyway) but the soil here is very sandy, so... Still wouldn't explain
why its close neighbors (meaning the Amaryllis & the turmeric) look
exactly as I left them day before yesterday.
Puzzling...