Old 22-04-2014, 06:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mad Cow Mad Cow is offline

Default Weed of the Week: Creeping buttercup (Ranunculus repens)

In article , Grenou
iamhere@mostofthetime.? writes
I grow a large butler's sink full of them, they're very pretty.
If they get over enthusiastic in the garden I pull them out, no problem, they
come out very readily.

Why do you dislike wild plants so much?

I've got a great idea: why don't you come and weed them out of my lawn,
maybe you know something I don't - or maybe your climate's a lot drier?

Creeping buttercups are one of Britain's top agricultural pests: they're
poisonous to livestock and on moist soils they swamp most crops. If you
let them spread onto your neighbour's land they can sue you. And my
garden's only about ten metres by fifteen - very few British gardeners
have room for agricultural-scale weeds.

Vegetation's only wild if it's growing in the wild.
--
Sue ]