Old 24-04-2014, 07:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Parsley suddenly took a dive

Nelly W wrote:

I'm in south Florida. I bought a small flat-leaf parsley plant that took
off like a rocket many weeks ago. I just don't understand how seemingly
almost overnight it could go from a big, bushy, healthy-looking plant to
something that almost looks like it got sprayed with herbicide.

All the stems are drooping a fair bit, several have yellowing leaves
(especially on the "sunny" side), and there are some silvery
splotches/speckles that remind me of a plant that's been attacked by
mites or some other critter. Never even got to make any tabbouleh.

This is a condo and they do spray, but so far they've have had enough
sense not to hit the plants I've set out there - especially one so
well-established. The nearby turmeric and Amaryllis so far seem unaffected.

It'd be nice to hear some ideas, but I guess I'm mostly just venting. If
it croaks hopefully I'll know more after I dig it out.

Could well be the landscapers sprayed the lawn with weed killer and
your parsley received some over spray on one side... but there's no
way to tell for sure unless you ask and they aren't going to admit
spraying your plant. Were it me I'd replant and plant a few in
different spots, perhaps in a large patio planter... parsley actually
does better in diffused sunlight. I plant parsley at the steps to my
rear deck (handy to my kitchen), it gets direct sun only during the
first half of the day and it thrives... I prefer curly leaf parsley,
it's sweeter than flat leaf.