Old 26-04-2014, 02:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Community orchard

On 25/04/2014 9:56 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Fran Farmer wrote:
That para about the requirement from 'the city' to not have a lot of
dropped fruiting in case it draws in 'critters' just beggars belief.
Whoever put that stricture in place needs to get out more and, at the
very least, find out what lives down their drains. I've seen
estimates that no human on earth is ever more than 15 ft from a rat
and that came as no surprise to me whatsoever. And rats are only one
sort of critter. I haven't mentioned any critters with only 2 legs.

I'd have to disagree with that 15 feet statement ... I live out in the
country , and we have a lot of critters , but AFAIK there are no rats out
here . Perhaps on some of the nearby farms where they store large quantities
of grain and feed , but we have none of those here in The Holler ...

Ya wanna bet?

I've lived in the country for 50 years and know that there are many rats
and mice in the country and there will be rats and mice where you live too.