Old 26-04-2014, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Which Lawnmower Engine???

On Friday, April 25, 2014 5:16:15 PM UTC+1, kanewesley wrote:
Help !........I have an Atco Commoder B17 mower....which has had 4 or 5

engines on !.

I've just realized what I think has caused my many engine failures...

I live close to a river and cut the river bank outside the bottom of our

garden...to make it look nicer and be more pleasant for walkers.

At work I used to buy machines with 2 stroke engines for this type of work but in recent years some of the better Japanese makers have been making engines with a forced lubrication system and these are fine IME - just check with your dealer which ones have this system.
(Oh and modern 2 strokes and oils are much cleaner and can run on a 50:1 petrolil mix)

Rod