Old 27-04-2014, 06:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default tree identification

On Sunday, April 27, 2014 8:08:41 AM UTC-7, David E. Ross wrote:
On 4/27/2014 6:54 AM, wrote:

Here is a detail about foliage

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1/DSCN0790.JPG

Thanks

On Sunday, April 27, 2014 12:05:34 PM UTC+2, wrote:

Hello,

I need to identify this tree (unfortunately dying) in order to replace it with a new one of the same species.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1/DSCN0791.JPG

Many thanks,

Paolo

From the first photo, I thought it might be some species of cedar

(perhaps Cedrus deodara). However, the foliage makes me think of coast

redwood (Sequoia sempervirens).

Before replacing your dead tree, it would be a good idea to find out why

it died. Otherwise, you risk having another dead tree.

Agree. Do you have to plant new tree in same place? Who knows what got into the soil. Can you plant ub new spot? Before investing time, $$ and hope, maybe check with an arborist familiar with your area.

HB