Old 28-04-2014, 05:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Community orchard

On 27/04/2014 9:22 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Fran Farmer wrote:
Rats eat anything and everything including eggs seeds, grains, insects
and even molluscs. Unless your woods glow in the dark and kill
everything that lives in them in a short span of time, then your
woods would provide lots of good food for rats. Presumably since you
are posting in a gardening newsgroup then you also have a garden and
that too would give lots of food for rats.

There's also lots of stuff out there in the woods that would love to snack
on those rats .

Yep. Same here. Despite that, they still manage to breed and still
give me a run for my money. Jack Russells were the best control measure
but we non longer have any of them unfortunately.