Old 30-04-2014, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] jsparkes2009@googlemail.com is offline

Default Alpines

On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 4:50:50 PM UTC+1, 'Mike' wrote:
"Frank Booth" wrote in message

o.uk...

"Frank Booth" wrote in message

o.uk...

I want to grow some alpines that have their main flowering during the

summer

months. Apart from the ubiquitous Campanula can anyone suggest other

alpines

that have their main flowering during the above period. Some yellow

blooming

alpines would be especially welcome.

Thanks. I take it then that no one actually knows of any summer flowering

alpines personally (campanula excepted), else it's going to be a bit of a

slog just to find a few.

Sorry that none of the 'experts' have been able to help, but as the husband

of a 'pretty gardener' of well over 50 years, some has rubbed off onto me,

so, is

http://www.slacktopnurseries.co.uk/e...or_late_summer

..... of any use?

Only trying to help and if it is of no use, don't bother to have a go at me,

the experts and those who 'know it al ' will do that.

:-)

Mike

Watching gardening on the South East Coast of the Isle of Wight.

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk

You beat me to it Mike!

IIRC these are more summer than Spring

Aethionema 'Warley Rose'.
Arenaria montana 'Grandiflora' Caryophyllaceae
Asperula sintenisii.Rubiaceae
Centaurium scilloides

Dianthus freynii

Campanula zoysii is a Campanula I do rather like

Jenny