Old 05-05-2014, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default how to propagate from neighbours magnolia?

On 2014-05-05 10:29:49 +0000, karaman said:

hallo,

neighbours magnolia is leaning over the hedge into my garden. he is not
a gardener so wont care if i cut the branch that hangs over into
mine......
QUESTION
what do i do with it once branch is in my posession? shall i dig a hole
and stick it in there or stand the smaller shoots in water until they
show signs of rooting? or do both? must do domething, too good an
opportunity to miss.

dont know variety, only that it has purple flowers and is probably an
ordinary variety available from any garden centre.

picture below

any suggestions welcome, thanks, karaman

|Filename: DSC00004.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15999|

If you cut it off and do anything with it, or try to, there is every
chance that it will die. Why not leave it as it is and enjoy it in
your garden, even though it isn't your worry or responsibility?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com