Old 09-05-2014, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Rhododendron yakushimanum Marietta

On 2014-05-09 18:13:53 +0000, G Wolmershäuser said:

Am 07.05.2014 08:00, schrieb Sacha:

Thanks, Bob. I'll tell her that it looks as if she's going to have to
look for it in Germany. Certainly, there's no sign of it over here that
I can see. As you said, the trial shows it was sent over by Hachmann,
for that purpose.

This hybrid was bred by Hans Hachmann in 1986. It is a
yakushimanum-wardii hybrid. I don't grow it in my garden. However, as
with other yakushimanum hybrids I expect its colour will fade at the
end to a somewhat muddy ivory white. It looks very similar to the old
Hobbie hybrid "Flava". I see no advantage over the latter.
Cheers
Gotthelf

Thank you for this helpful reply. I think the customer wants it for
the name, as much as anything else. I'll pass your comment on to her.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com