Old 28-02-2003, 11:51 PM
Jessica

Default Daylilies With Ragged Foliage

Just how long do the blooms of day lillies last? They were already planted
along side a house I moved to last summer. The blooms only lasted a couple
days and then died. I did water them and gave them a bit of Miracle growth,
but perhaps there was something else I should be doing. I'm 22 and very new
to gardening. Any tips?

Oh and one more question. My mother gave me a very strange plant. It sprouts
purple flowers all throughout winter and then the flowers turn to leaves in
summer. Anyone know what it may be?

"Bill R" wrote in message
Fleemo wrote:
My deciduous daylilies recently put forth some beautiful fresh
foliage. But today I noticed that they're being ravaged by something!
The leaves look torn up, with ragged edges. Usually daylillies, in
my experience, are pretty pest free, so I'm puzzled as to what's
attacking them this spring. Could this have been the lawn guy with a
careless weedwhacker? Or is this some insect at work?

Here's a photo of the carnage:
http://www.inhouzemusic.com/daylilly.html

One summer we had a really bad invasion of grasshoppers and my
day lilies looked like yours (actually a lot worse).
--
Bill R.

Remove No-Junk-Mail- in e-mail address to reply by e-mail