Old 12-05-2014, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Apples in flower

On 11/05/2014 23:26, Bob Hobden wrote:
"David Hill" wrote

This year seems to be a year of very heavy apple blossom, but I'm not
seeing that many bees.

We had good blossom on our cherries but of the four it's the last one to
flower that is the only one with a good set of fruit. I assume there
were no bees about early enough.

This was discussed in Countryfile last night. It seems the problem is
not just global warming but the fact that it is occurring more rapidly
than various plants and creatures can cope with, some are keeping up
others falling behind, so there are problems ahead. At least they did
not blame man for the global warming.