Old 14-05-2014, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David.WE.Roberts David.WE.Roberts is offline

Default sprayer for weedkiller

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 15:26:27 +0200, Mervington wrote:

I've been using lance type sprayers for many years. We have quite a
large garden (around an acre) and part is kept in a semi-wild state.
However, weedkilling is necessary (nettles and the like) and I am not
well enough to do that manually. I use a lance sprayer with a 'shroud'
on the nozzle.

My old one died recently, and I bought a Hozelock 5ltr. Unfortunately,
it has a major problem for weedkilling. The spray continues for 4 or
5 seconds after the trigger has been released, and the nozzle can still
be bleeding a minute after releasing the trigger. Hozelock replaced
the trigger, but with no improvement.

The trigger is certainly more comfortable to use than old types but has
this particular problem. Does anyone know of a lance type sprayer
where the cut off is just about instantaneous, please?

Have a look at Screwfix

http://www.screwfix.com/p/backpack-s...m_sp=Search-_-
SearchRec-_-Area1&_requestid=56605

Works for me.