Old 16-05-2014, 01:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default My first attempt at grafting

On 16/05/2014 7:29 AM, Winters_Lackey wrote:
There was a wild apple tree in my back yard that the electric company cut
down. They would have just trimmed it away, but I saw the guys out there
and told them that it didn't make edible apples, so they could cut it down.
That was last year. This year shoots came out of the trunk in a big way.

So I cut a branch off of my Obelisk tree, and grafted it onto one of the
shoots.

I have no idea what an Obelisk tree might be but I've done grafts to
apple trees and using apple scions and all but one of the 26 grafts took.

You could try to graft on apple scions and get fruit from an otherwise
wasted tree.