Old 26-04-2003, 12:25 PM
H. E. Taylor

Default Agriculture equivalent of PubMed? (was: EM Technology? ...)

In article ,
Andi B. wrote:

[...]
I am generally more interested in EM-1 and its use for agriculture. It
occurs to me that PubMed might only index publications that are
related to human medicine and related research.

Is anybody aware of a equivalent database for the agriculture sector?

I am not aware of one specifically aimed at the agriculture sector,
but I thought I would mention that there is a movement afoot to get
all scientific papers archived online for free public access.

See for example:
Public Library of Science
http://www.publiclibraryofscience.org/

Budapest Open Access Initiative
http://www.soros.org/openaccess/

BioMedCentral
http://www.biomedcentral.com/

I have on my general links page a section on
Free Science News (& Sources) which you may find useful.
http://www.autobahn.mb.ca/~het/glinks.html#FreeScience
http://www.autobahn.mb.ca/~het/glinks.html#FreeSciSrc

If you come across a good source, please post it.

regards
-het

--
"In all of history, we have found just one cure for error -- a partial
antidote against making and repeating grand, foolish mistakes, a remedy

Energy Alternatives: http://www.autobahn.mb.ca/~het/energy.html
H.E. Taylor http://www.autobahn.mb.ca/~het/