Old 22-05-2014, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Papaya seeds

On 2014-05-22 09:39:35 +0000, Nick Maclaren said:

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

Has anyone ever planted these and had a result? Ray has saved the seeds
from one he ate two days ago and is going to have a try!

Yes. They germinate readily, and grow fairly easily in a warm,
sunny place. They are thoroughly unexciting, unfortunately.
The mature plant looks like a gigantic brussel sprout, and I
doubt that they would crop even in your polytunnel.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I don't think we'd hope for a crop though we do have an Ensete
lasiocarpum fruiting at present! And we've had one or two bunches of
bananas that never came to much. I think he was just interested to
know whether they'd come up at all but your description does make them
sound extremely dull. I'll pass that on. Thank you!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com