Old 22-05-2014, 10:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Newly planted conifers dying?

On Thursday, May 22, 2014 11:16:59 AM UTC-7, chriz1 wrote:
I planted some young conifers about 2 ft high back in February and one

has died completely and the otHers are still green but the tops have

drooped

Any ideas what's wrong with them?

It's not that unheard-of for one of a group to go bad. I'm dealing w/3 Australian tree ferns that all had the same care in planting, AFAIK, but one took off at once and two are thinking about it.

Where in the world are you? What's your optimum planting season? What practices did you follow in planting (soil amendment, water, required sun).

HB