Old 23-05-2014, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Papaya seeds

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

No, I don't know the Cyphomandra, sounds interesting! I can see Ray's
face now. One of our Passiflora edulis has fruits now but that's in the
prop. house which is the warmest of all the greenhouses. The P.
antioquensis is flowering like a crazy thing but rarely fruits. Must go
and check on the Akebia quinata to see if that looks at all promising.

Cyphomandra betacea is fairly fast growing, and has fairly large
leaves. I grew it in a pot, and it would need protection only in
the winter, but I never got it to flower.

Neither my nor my mother's Akebia ever set fruit. I am planning to
plant multiple Passiflora incarnata to see if I can get fruit, but
they are the devil to find locations for as they need dry soil in
winter!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.