Old 26-05-2014, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Papaya seeds

On 2014-05-23 13:47:53 +0000, Nick Maclaren said:

In article ,

Sacha wrote:

No, I don't know the Cyphomandra, sounds interesting! I can see Ray's

face now. One of our Passiflora edulis has fruits now but that's in the

prop. house which is the warmest of all the greenhouses. The P.

antioquensis is flowering like a crazy thing but rarely fruits. Must go

and check on the Akebia quinata to see if that looks at all promising.

Cyphomandra betacea is fairly fast growing, and has fairly large

leaves. I grew it in a pot, and it would need protection only in

the winter, but I never got it to flower.

I'll look for it and present it as a fait accompli, perhaps!

I recommend buying a fruit when you get the opportunity - I like

them, but many don't. Like so many fruit, they are acrid when

unripe, but that disappears when they ripen.

Regards,

Nick Maclaren.

Thanks, Nick. I don't know how easy that will be to find round here but

I'll keep my eyes open.

--

Sacha

www.hillhousenursery.com

South Devon

www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Waitrose have them sometimes, I will look out for them
next time I am there.

Jenny - in Bristol

Ah, thanks, Jenny. I'll do an online search in Waitrose.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com