Old 28-05-2014, 11:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.photos.original
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Chelsea Flower Show 3: Second Prize

"Mad Cow" wrote ...

Bob Hobden writes
"Mad Cow" wrote

Richard Cayeux' Iris 'Domino Noir' - the breeder was there himself.
[ Section: 1/1 File: z_3419.JPG UUencoded by: Turnpike Integrated Version
5.02 S ]

I think that is also on trial at the RHS Wisley garden if you get a chance
to visit their trial fields.

I'm told the trials are flowering very well this year, probably thanks
to the wet weather - it's hard growing on sand when it's dry.

Yes they are Sue, but they will not be so good after this prolonged wet
weather, mine out on my allotment are all but over now but that is heavy
clay/silt, Wisley seems to be on sand. Unfortunately I didn't get round to
weeding them this spring because of the wet so the slugs and snails had a
field day. That said some flowered this year that I thought I had lost.
Anyway, there is always next season!
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.