Old 30-05-2014, 09:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.photos.original
Mad Cow Mad Cow is offline

Default Chelsea Flower Show 3: Second Prize

In article , Dan.Espen
writes
"Bob Hobden" writes:

"Dan.Espen" wrote
Could be my monitor, don't know.
It looked brown to me, and I've seen some brown
iris. They just look wrong in brown.

I know what you mean but we have a brown one that looks stunning
because of the pattern, forgotten the name, but there are brown shades
here that certainly look good ...
http://www.iris-cayeux.com/catalogue?tp=1&cc=5&lang=EN

Interesting.

I'm sticking with blues, purples, yellows though.

You choose what you like and what suits your garden. Flower arrangers
often like greyish blends that don't work well outdoors with other
plants, and the brown shades that look great in Mediterranean sunshine
may not work in the bluer light of a British summer.
--
Sue ]