Old 31-05-2014, 04:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Bok choy seeding

Terry Coombs wrote:
My bok choy has bolted and is now forming seed pods . Anybody have
experience with when to harvest them ? Any dishes that use the
pods/seeds ?

The pods will go from moist and green to dry and brown. When they start to
split or you can rub them into seeds and chaff between your hands the seeds
are ready to save. I have no knowledge of them being used for food or
seasoning only to grow more plants. They would not be toxic so you can
experiment. Maybe grind them up for mustard(ish) or sprinkle on to bread
before baking.