Old 07-06-2014, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill P Bill P is offline

Default Primrose

On 06/06/2014 12:26, Spider wrote:
On 06/06/2014 09:30, Bill P wrote:
I have some primrose in small bed at the front of the house. Now that
they have finished flowering is it ok to dig them up and either pot them
up to replant later, or plant them somewhere else until needed for
planting elsewhere ?

Perfectly okay, but plant in shade if you can and keep them
well-watered. It is worth knowing that primulas in general grow in
cycles: root growth first, then top growth ... root growth, top growth.
I mention this because your primroses may collapse when first planted,
simply because they're growing below ground to start with.

Thanks Spider, I have just the spot for them only trouble is it is
raining again. We get a sunny hot day followed two three days of rain.

--
Bill P.
Shildon