Old 08-06-2014, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garlic!

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
What a disaster this year, it's the worst garlic we have ever grown, small
and it's all re-sprouting despite the tops only just going over. There
will be enough for us (we hope) but the friends and neighbours can forget
it this year.
Presume it was the terrible wet winter, ground is still saturated, which
did most of the damage as they looked very unwell during the floods
(although they weren't flooded but the water table was so high). The very
mild winter with no cold snap can't have helped.
Ho hum, there is always next season!

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Mine have rust and are re-sprouting! Are they salvageable? should we dig
them and try and dry them?

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs