Old 09-06-2014, 03:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Bok choy seeding

Derald wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

My bok choy has bolted and is now forming seed pods . Anybody have
experience with when to harvest them ? Any dishes that use the
pods/seeds ?

Harvest them like any other brassica: When pods are dry, brown and
ready to split. Wife and I find mustard greens and bok choy flower
buds, flower stalks, and just-opening flowers to be good eating stir
fried (peanut oil, garlic) or as ingredients (as in a meat roll, or in
ravioli) but bland as a standalone veggie side dish.

I'm going to go ahead and let these dry , use them for seed for a fall
planting . One of my goals here is to have seed that is fully acclimatized
to this area . Part of my acorn squash is grown from last year's seeds .
There are several cukes out there from last year's seed , but they're all
volunteers , and a couple of radishes from where last year's seeded .

--
Snag