Old 11-06-2014, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Matthias Czech Matthias Czech is offline

Default Horseradish

Am 11.06.2014 09:17, schrieb Martin:
On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 22:43:00 +0200, Michael Uplawski

Not of Bavarian origin, I may not be an expert on the question of
“salt on horseradish” but I deem it probable that you mix up horseradish
(Meerrettich) and radish (Rettich).

In fact it is you who do.

Sorry, but he is right.

The Bavarians do serve spiral cut horseradish in beer halls and beer gardens,
not spiral cut radishes.
http://www.muenchen.de/int/en/restau...r-gardens.html

That statement on that page is wrong. Probably an error when translated
from German to English.
The spiral cut thing served as 'Radi' in bavarian beer gardens is always
a big white radish, nerver ever a horseradish.

Zefix!

Matthias