Old 11-06-2014, 10:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Flowers in a vegetable patch

Tinor wrote:

I have made a few raised beds for a vegetable garden, and am looking at
creating a border to hide the fence/wall around the bottom of my garden.
Perhaps using trellis.

Is there any recommended plants/flowers I could use- or any to
particularly avoid when planting next to vegetables/fruit.

i would avoid a trellis as most veggies like
full sun.

around here it is things not to plant next
to flower beds that they will then invade:
chives, mints, oregano, strawberries, ...

i use the tulip beds as veggie gardens
after the tulips are finished. it's not the
best for the tulips, but i can't stand the
idea of leaving all that space bare the rest
of the season. so far i've planted mostly
beans. not sure what else i might try some
season.

songbird