Old 14-06-2014, 08:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default Tomato Wilt

On 06/14/2014 09:14 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Also a raised bed only 12" high is of no real benefit,
you'd do better gardening directly on the ground... unless you elevate
your raised beds to 30" get rid of them.

Hi Brooklyn1,

I am planning, as soon as the recession breaks, to
convert my back yard into several raised bed.

I have seen several I liked, but the were close to the
ground. Would you please elucidate as to why they
need to be 30" high? (I am a blank slate with a
black thumb at the moment.)

The only thing I though of was less bending and
stooping. But I am not going to go through that
kind of expense for it to fail.

Many thanks,
-T