Old 16-06-2014, 07:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default Lazy cruciferous

On 06/16/2014 11:36 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:
It's JUNE facrynoutloud and only NOW are a few broccoli and Brussels sprout plants deciding to put on a little growth!

They've been in the ground since last Fall and have done basically zip. A few tiny broccoli bits emerged at the tip of ONE plant. Otherwise nada.

This is So Calif coastal. We had mild non-winter and are heading into ?? summer. I think there's no point in leaving lazy winter plants occupying valuable space.

Will pull out unless I get dissenting advice.

HB

Hi Higgs,

Had a big Brussels Sprout plant last year. The
only thing it grew, and it grew them REALLY WELL, was
aphids. I eventually pulled it out. I asked a nursery
guy about it and he said a lot of stuff that went
over my head, but to summarize the jest of it, they
are hard to grow. But this is the desert and you are
the coast, so I basically have nothing helpful to say.

-T