Old 20-06-2014, 04:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Pest ID help

While checking things out in the garden yesterday , I found 2 kinds of
bugs on some of my tomato leaves . The small pear-shaped green ones are
aphids , but I can't find any info on the other one . At first glance they
look like tiny pieces of white thread about 1/16" long . Under a magnifier
they're tiny little bugs that kinda-sorta have a resemblance to a praying
mantis . I powdered the entire tomato patch with DiPel , a BT based product
, making sure I covered both top and bottom of the leaves . Hopefully this
will control whatever it is . If it's a predator bug , it shouldn't be
harmed since it won't be eating the leaves ...
--
Snag