Old 02-07-2014, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Flower of the moment

On 2014-07-02 20:48:29 +0000, David Hill said:

People ask "What's your favourite flower?"
Well if you're like me, it depends what is in flower at the time.
At present it's Alstromeria.
How one flower can have such a variety in it is almost unbelievable.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps81471370.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps4fbf6853.jpg

The dwarf one you gave me Sacha is now at around 3ft tall, lovely
colour but it's a shame it doesn't open as much as the others.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps9031273e.jpg

I wonder what my next favourite will be.
David @ a warm and dry side of Swansea Bay

They're lovely and I particularly like 6583, those colours are
luscious. Bu A. pulchella is my particular favourite. I find the
colours particularly rich and almost mediaeval in some way. We've also
got its cousin Bomaria hirtella in flower at the moment and that is a
really attractive climber though with much smaller flowers. Have you
got it, David? If not, next time you're here.... ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com