Old 03-07-2014, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Flower of the moment

"David Hill" wrote ...

People ask "What's your favourite flower?"
Well if you're like me, it depends what is in flower at the time.
At present it's Alstromeria.
How one flower can have such a variety in it is almost unbelievable.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps81471370.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps4fbf6853.jpg
The dwarf one you gave me Sacha is now at around 3ft tall, lovely colour
but it's a shame it doesn't open as much as the others.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps9031273e.jpg
I wonder what my next favourite will be.

Ours are over now, just the last few flowers. We have a tall yellow and a
shorter red. They tend to look a bit sad from now on, do you pull/cut all
the old flower stalks off and tidy up or just leave them looking sad until
new growth takes over.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.