Old 04-07-2014, 04:18 PM
SkyJawa SkyJawa is offline
Registered User

Default Blue Spruce and Needles!

Hi All

I have a rather tall and established Blue Spruce in my back garden, must be 20m high, maybe more! My understanding was Blue Spruces may shed needles in Autumn but they won't be very conspicuous.

This one, not only looks terrible and not like any Blue Spruce I've seen that's healthy, but it drops lots of needles - constantly!! One of the pics shows a weeks worth of drop.

It was wrapped in Ivy until a couple of years ago when the retirement flats whose grounds its in killed it off and it does appear to be worse since.

I've uploaded some pics of how it looks, would be grateful if anyone in the know could offer an opinion of if its normal or has problems?

Many Thanks
Neil

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f4...psbd3b9d2e.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f4...ps5bf107ed.jpg