Old 09-07-2014, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hedge growth - what time of year?

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
I'm drastically cutting back an overgrown hedge. Can I expect it to grow
more leaves this time of year, or does it do this only in spring?

If it matters, someone called it a Rhododendron, although I thought they
had lots of flowers and mine doesn't.

It does look a bit like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...k_-_591783.jpg

If necessary I can take a picture of mine.

--
Always talk to your wife while you're making love -- if there's a phone
handy.

Looks like Cherry Laurel to me, I have a big hedge of this and find the two
A's best for cutting (April & August)

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs