Old 11-07-2014, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Peter Uncle Peter is offline

Default Hedge growth - what time of year?

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 08:54:02 +0100, David Hill wrote:

On 10/07/2014 23:06, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 22:47:38 +0100, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news On Wed, 09 Jul 2014 22:23:58 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 09/07/2014 22:13, Uncle Peter wrote:

A couple of pics would help, one like the one you showed and one closer
up showing a few leaves and the bud at the end of a stem would help.
If you cut back now it will throw new shoots, but they will be soft
going into winter so will me more prone to damage if we have a hard
winter.
Also saying where you are would help, different for Cornwall as opposed
to Scotland.

I'm in Scotland, but it's a very tough hedge, unlike the evergreen ones
that all died out.

I just want to know how long before it greens over as I've cut it back
severely and I can now see through it.

Here are two pictures of it (the bit I've not cut yet obviously):
http://petersphotos.com/temp/Hedge.jpg
http://petersphotos.com/temp/Hedge%20close.jpg

Usually takes about 6 weeks if its cut to the point where there are no
leaves left.

6 weeks will be fine. So it does actually grow at this time of year? I
thought maybe it would grow in spring only.

Sorry but the pics wont open and are getting listed as a malicious web site.

I have also placed them in alt.binaries.test, subject Hedge.

--
Rescuers in Pakistan today reported rescuing a man from the rubble.
They became aware when they heard a faint voice saying "we're still open".