Old 13-07-2014, 12:17 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Frank is offline

Default Will crabgrass preventer also stop tree seeds?

On 7/12/2014 6:06 PM, Bert wrote:
We're surrounded by maple trees and a single ash tree, and every summer
our lawn is full of hundreds (thousands?) of ash and maple tree sprouts
from the seeds they drop.

After lopping off their heads a few times with the lawn mower, they
eventually give up, but would crab grass preventer stop these seeds
from sprouting?

I don't know but you could call the 800 number on the providers label to
find out. I've done that for a couple of persistent weeds and they were
very responsive.