Old 13-07-2014, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Didn't know they grew in this country

"'Mike'" wrote in message ...

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/apri...ard-61727.aspx

or is it just the Isle of Wight?

Certainly not just the IOW, there is a village near Banbury called Aynho
where the old Lord of the Manor loved Apricots so much all his houses in the
village had to have an apricot tree growing on their wall. A lot are still
there, or were when I last drove through.

http://www.aynho.org.uk/

We also had an apricot tree but it got struck by lightening!

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.