Old 14-07-2014, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Didn't know they grew in this country

Jonathan wrote
There are new varieties that flower later. Traditionally they flower in
February and don't get enough pollinators and risk frost. In our last house
we only had one crop in 18 years. When we moved here, Warwickshire, we
planted one of the new varieties and we get a good crop of very juicy
apricots the size of peaches every year. They should be ready in a couple
of weeks. It is against a wall though.

Would that be one of the new Canadian varieties ending on ....cot, like
Tomcot.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.