Old 15-07-2014, 09:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Moe DeLoughan[_2_] Moe DeLoughan[_2_] is offline

Default Will crabgrass preventer also stop tree seeds?

On 7/15/2014 12:40 PM, Bert wrote:
In Moe DeLoughan
wrote:

If you were really consumed with the desire to deal with them,

It's the trees that are consuming my lawn :-) I've been mowing them down
for years, but just wondered if there was another way.

You have my sympathy. I live in a neighborhood with massive old silver
maples. I got rid of my maple, but I'm buried under the volume of
seeds produced by neighboring trees. I swept a bushel off my driveway
in one afternoon. Which is why, when I replaced my silver maple, I
replaced it with a seedless variety.

The one redeeming virtue of squirrels is that they collect and eat an
awful lot of maple seeds.