Old 21-07-2014, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default Ugh

wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 12:40:19 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 09:04:11 +0100 (BST),
(Nick
Maclaren) wrote:

While removing chickweed from a patch of my vegetable garden,
I had the displeasure of grabbing hold of what proved to be a
13-slug gang-bang. Sizable ones, too.

What a year!

My wife put out saucers of beer for the slugs before we went on holiday for 10
days. On our return there was a nasty smell in the garden caused by decomposing
slugs.

My other half collects slugs in a bucket with a drop of water and
some leaves and lets them decompose, then makes some evil smelling
concoction that is supposed to be a homebrew nematode remedy.
Walked home recently and on the approach thought it strange that the
nearby farm was dung spreading in June,then thought it even stranger
that missus was in the front flowerbed spraying a Honeysuckle scent
aerosol when the area had some of the real thing growing.
Turned out she had decided to spread some of her slug mix around only
to have our neighbour complaining bitterly over the fence that her
house stunk and who nearby was getting got their septic tank pumped
out in the evening not twigging that the source of the pong was the
watering can the missus was still holding.

G.Harman

I got slugs in the bedroom, I think ,I have never seen one but there are
slime trails around, can not catch them at it.