Old 01-03-2003, 09:52 AM
Brian Watson

Default Kiwi plants

"Kelvyn" wrote in message
. nz...
In article, says...
On 28 Feb 2003 17:06:21 GMT,

(Keith Karausky) wrote:

from the home of kiwifruit.......yes the vines can grow very big, but

remember kiwifruit
grow on the current seasons wood.....ie the shoots which grow during the

current spring.
this means you can prune the vines back very hard indeed. Female vines

MUST have a male
vine present.

OK, thanks.

I'm hearing clay soil or sandy soil. Suppose I'll add some sand to my clay!

:-)

Is the NZ experience that they need a lot of feeding and watering?

It seems to me that variations in behaviour between species/varieties may
account for the differences reported here.

--
Brian
"Stuck down a hole, in the fog, in the middle of the night, with an owl."