Old 01-03-2003, 12:15 AM
simy1

Default Kiwi plants

"Brian Watson" wrote in message ...
"SugarChile" wrote in message
hlink.net...
The birds ignore them, and in the 10+ years I've grown them, I have had no
insect problems and no disease problems. I don't spray at all, the only
care is to prune in late winter. It's rather remarkable, now that I think
about it. There aren't that many plants that don't have *any* problems.

We had a horrendous drought last summer, and the vines did wither towards
the end, but in a 'normal' year they don't need supplemental water.

Are they hungry?

Fuzzy kiwis are amonst the hungriest, thirstiest fruits you can find.
They want water nearly daily and lots of manure. Hardy kiwi are much
less of a glutton, but if you want those gallons-per-vine crops you
have to water and feed a lot. Both prefer, like most other fruits,
light sandy soils.

Kiwi Fruit Plants Charles27441 United Kingdom 6 19-08-2004 04:21 PM
Kiwi gender issues Right Star Edible Gardening 5 02-06-2003 04:56 AM
Kiwi? JNJ Gardening 9 27-03-2003 12:44 PM
Re(2): Kiwi plants Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 0 02-03-2003 09:51 PM
Kiwi plants/clay soil SugarChile Edible Gardening 0 01-03-2003 02:39 PM