Old 01-08-2014, 12:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Birds & Tomatoes

Davej wrote:
On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:29:46 AM UTC-5, Davej wrote:
I put a bowl of water out there in the garden. Will that help?

So far it has not helped, so I am picking tomatoes when they are pink
and letting them ripen on the windowsill.

I am still wondering how the water bowl was supposed to help.

Net them. You can buy polymer bird netting quite cheaply and it will last
for years unless you have attackers with sharp teeth like possums. You
don't need a fancy trellis just drape it over and re settle it when you work
on the plants.

--
David

A better world requires a daily struggle
against those who would mislead us.