Old 01-08-2014, 01:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Davej Davej is offline

Default Birds & Tomatoes

On Thursday, July 31, 2014 1:44:39 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 7/31/2014 12:09 PM, Davej wrote:
On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:29:46 AM UTC-5, Davej wrote:
I put a bowl of water out there in the garden. Will that help?

So far it has not helped, so I am picking tomatoes when
they are pink and letting them ripen on the windowsill.

Original post unclear.

Do you want birds in your tomatoes?
If so, putting something there to attract them will just bring more in.

My question was whether they were pecking the tomato for the moisture because they were too lazy to fly up to the normal birdwater location.