Old 01-08-2014, 04:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Cuttings vases

Higgs Boson said:
On Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:43:36 AM UTC-7, Pat Kiewicz wrote:
them in water (put them in an inflated plastic bag overnight),

What's with the plastic bag, Pat? I callous potential transplants by just
leaving them on a saucer
or paper towel out of direct sun. I should think that putting them in a
plastic bag would get just
the OPPOSITE of desired effect -- callousing. Moisture from transplant
would condense inside the plastic bag.

With non-succulent plants, I suggest an *inflated* plastic bag as you are
less likely to get serious wilting but still get some drying at the stump end.
Plenty of air = less condensation. In fact, you can even leave the cut end
sticking out of the bag!

I'd agree that you'd never want the plastic draped over the foliage.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored