Old 05-08-2014, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cornus hongkongensis

On 05/08/2014 11:14, Emery Davis wrote:
I just noticed that this evergreen Cornus is still blooming! It comes
out a bit after the other large-bract dogwoods (we seem to get florida
first, followed by kousa) but even still that's an outstandingly long
flowering period.

This is it's first flowers here, it was planted a few years ago as a 5l
and has been growing enthusiastically, very pretty waxy leaves all year.
Seems to be quite hardy.

I would definitely recommend this in a small garden looking for a
flowering evergreen.

Any idea how it compares with Cornus capitata for hardiness?

--

Jeff