Old 06-08-2014, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cornus hongkongensis

On Tue, 05 Aug 2014 21:06:53 +0100, Jeff Layman wrote:

On 05/08/2014 11:14, Emery Davis wrote:

I would definitely recommend this in a small garden looking for a
flowering evergreen.

Any idea how it compares with Cornus capitata for hardiness?

Maybe a little hardier, but I'm not sure. Said to be good well below
-12C but I think experience in the west is probably limited. Mine has
probably not dealt with anything colder that -6 or so, but I've only had
it a couple of years.

They seem to be a related anyway, Flora of China refs:

http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.as...n_id=242314443
http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.as...n_id=242314424

No idea which subspecies I've got, though I doubt it will get much more,
if even, 3m tall.

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy